[Detroit-pm] 3 things

Bill Hess bhess at techrg.com
Sun Dec 2 21:57:10 PST 2007

Hi Don...

I will have something to present for the next mtg regarding the topic we
discussed from Todd's last presentation on Jifty - "push" from server to
web browser.  I have been researching it a bit and the subject ends up
being pretty big - so it may warrant a two part pres...  The technology
that sums this all up is known as Comet (see http://cometd.com).  I have
been playing with something called Meteor (see http://meteorserver.org/)
which is written in Perl and it looks pretty promising.

Todd - do you know what Jifty is using?  Perhaps something home grown?

If anyone has any input on this topic - please feel free to pass it on...

Bill Hess