XML and perl Hashes

Scott Wood treii28 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 13:16:43 CDT 2001

(I hope I got these addresses right....)

OK folks, I have been playing with XML in perl.  I used XML::Simple to take a
standard XML file and turn it into a nifty perl HASH - great stuff!!  A snap!!
Hurrah...

Now - how do I go back again?  I tried using XML simple and the resulting XML
wasn't conforming to the DTD any more then I ran across the reference in the
XML::Simple manpage that said not to depend on it's XML Out routines for DTD
conforming documents.

Given that I have a Perl Hash, along with an existing DTD - the structure of
the Hash was generated from an XML file matching the DTD (and will be
structured similarly in the future) - what is the easiest way to get that hash
into a valid XML document for that given DTD?

I mean, I can easily build a recursive structure to do it manually, but is
there not some CPAN module out there that does it already?  I pulled a few off
CPAN but there are sooooo many flavors of XML writers and composers and the
documentation for those I have tried thus far seems cryptic at best.
Especially as related to tying the output process to an existing DTD...

HELP!

Scott