[Denver-pm] OT: Java network connection test?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:35:40 PDT 2015

I'm trying to solve a side issue at work on an Android.  Just started
learning Java since there's no Perl to effectively just do a small network
connection to test if a service is available.  To that end I'm using
"AsyncTask" but it's returning data in an annoying order since the
connection returns very quickly but a failure times out after 3 seconds.

Anyone have a very small, simple example of Java that would just loop
through a list of addresses/ports, create a TCP connection and return the
status?

( I'll be looking for a Java group tonight probably though I don't plan on
doing anything else in it )

Robert