[Denver-pm] Sample HTTP interaction script.

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 10:11:07 PDT 2014

I need to throw something simple together real quick.  A one-timer that
SHOULDN"T be re-used...

I need to connect to a site,  http://foo.bar:/8052/Login.html

I am then prompted for a login/password.  Once I log in I am given a new
page : http://foo.bar:8052/App.html

On this page is a search box, amongst other things, I want to put in a
value (user filled variable) and post the search.  Then scrape the
resulting page for a result.

I have done basic auth using apache auth but this is the app requiring a
login using a backend database.  Also I've never filled in a search page
like this.

Does anyone have a script that might do something similar I can take apart
and use as an example?  I need it semi-quick but I can't justify spending
more than a day on it.

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar