[Denver-pm] Perl SOAP::Lite

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Sat Apr 19 19:45:07 PDT 2014

Lately I've done quite a bit with SOAP but I've kind of ignored the actual
SOAP.  I've fallen into a bad habit of using Mojolicilus' Mojo::DOM class
to fiddle around with xml documents and Mojo::UI to ship them around.   Of
course part of this might be that the main target of my SOAP interactions
use SOAP as a wrapper around a legacy XML format so adding a soap envelope
wrapper is a tiny part of the problem domain for this app.

I have used SOAP::Lite in simple cases in the past and it has worked out
ok.  Recently I've received what I consider trustable advice to use Mark
Overmeer's *XML::Compile::SOAP11
<https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/XML-Compile-SOAP/lib/XML/Compile/SOAP11.pod>
*and
related classes.  They look very complete but I have not succeeded with
them though others I trust have.  Mark and a few others do hang out in
irc.perl.org#xml-compile. Mark tends to be active European working hours.

Good Luck!
chris

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Robert L. Harris <robert.l.harris at gmail.com