[Delhi-pm] [Bangalore-pm] The Rising Costs of Aging Perlers

prashant tyagi prashant.2006tyagi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 02:13:28 PDT 2013

Hi,
I agree to most of part of this article. Specially we don't have more fresh
Perlers. People (I mean software people) had this mind-set that Perl can be
only secondary skill,you can have and it doesn't going to earn you much.
I strongly feel that until we change this mind-set ,we can't have more
fresh faces.

Quoting Postscript from this article:

The key to cultural survival, then, is not purely conservatism—hanging on
tightly to all that we have received in the past—but a genuine sense of
dynamism and a readiness to adapt to a changing world. Strategies for
economic development that entail change, therefore, may be seen as ways of
promoting survival, material and cultural. Some of what we have understood
in the past as either-or dichotomies ought to be re-examined in the light
of this new model of culture.

Thanks,