[Delhi-pm] Sponsors for the meet-up

Sudhir Gandotra sudhirgandotra at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:15:30 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Chankey Pathak <chankey007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I talked with Mark and he said that The Perl Foundation will not sponsor a
> normal meetup.
>
> They sponsor only YAPC and Workshop.
>
> Below is what he said to me:
>
> "AFAIK there is virtually no chance of them sponsoring a monger meeting.
> They might be able to sponsor towards a YAPC or Workshop as long as there
> are recognised businesses organising them. The tpf has to maintain a strong
> focus on YAPCs and Workshops as normal monger meetings, although supported
> through promotion and sometimes marketing materials, are too small and
> frequent to sponsor. There are just too many groups and events. You would
> be better looking for a company that uses Perl to sponsor, which is what
> most of the other PM groups do."
>
> " You're welcome. If you do manage to start working on a Workshop/YAPC
> let me know and I will try and help as much as I can. "
>

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Pradeep Pant <pp at ockham.be> wrote:
>
>>  Chankey have you got any response from these guys I mean Perl
>> foundation etc? ****
>>
>> Guys what’s the plan then shall we wait for some more time for first
>> meeting as response in mailing list is also poor. What do you suggest?  *
>> ***
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Regards****
>>
>> Pradeep****
>>  ------------------------------

By the way, why do we need the sponsorship for a meeting ?
I mean what are the expenses to be covered for a meeting ?

I suppose we can have a meeting in many places and share a cup of
tea/coffee, for which each one pays.
Unless, I am missing something.

--
*Wish you an "era of Realization & Mobilization"*

*Best wishes of Peace, Force & Joy,  for 2012 and beyond !*
Sudhir Gandotra.
+91-98101-20918 / +91-93124-65666

*You don't need violence to shake the world*

*Linux Jobs : www.openlx.com/career.php*

*www.humanistvoice.in - voice of the 99%
*