[Dahut-pm] Dahut survived the Oslo bomb

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Tue Jul 26 14:45:45 PDT 2011

DAAAHUUUUT!

I'm sure you all have heard about the bomb that devastated central parts of
Oslo on Friday, and the subsequent shooting at a labour party youth camp that
killed many kids.

I just learnt that out that a friend of mine and fellow dahut Gorm Haug
Eriksen was one of the victims of the bomb, but he survived largely unharmed.
We worked together at Opera and he also worked a lot with Robin on W3C work.
Cross pressure from Robin and me chased him into #axkit-dahut a few times
where I told him to shout DAHUT. Some time ago, he also left Opera to work for
the Government Administration Services, where he has done some very good work
on social media, open data and there is also Semantic Web stuff in the
pipeline.

Gorm was just 20-30 meters from the blast, but was thrown away from the window
and onto the floor, and survived unharmed. I was about 5 kms away from the
blast and even there, I felt the building sway from side to side. I cannot
envision how it would be to be in the middle of it. I have at least another 4
acquintances who were close to the blast, one had minor injuries. A domestic
right-wing nutcase has been taken and has admitted it all.

Gorm is the guy who put up this site:
http://blogg.regjeringen.no/protokoll/

I just hope that we will not enter a post-911 type panic as a response to
this. So far, the speeches brings hope, how it will play out remains to be
seen.

Best,

Kjetil
--