[Dahut-pm] Perl Oasis 2011 -- This Weekend

Chris Prather chris at prather.org
Tue Jan 11 20:01:14 PST 2011

Hey,

Just a last minute note that this weekend is the 3rd Annual "Perl
Oasis" Workshop in Orlando. This main workshop is Saturday, with 3
concurrent tracks of speakers. We have speakers from 3 continents
coming to give talks cover topics from Catalyst and Moose to Community
Organizing and Marketing.

Additionally on the Friday before we have Introduction to Moose being
offered for professional development. This is the same class that has
been taught at YAPC and is an excellent introduction to the Moose
Object System. Additionally, for Perl Widows and those who are
interested, Super Awesome Cool pottery will be offering a short
pottery workshop (3 hours) [1].

Finally on Sunday there will be space for impromptu hacking. People
are free to organize a larger event or just hang out with free wifi
and access to projectors.

I look forward to seeing as many people there as possible!

Thanks

-Chris

[1] This is a last minute addition to the schedule, prompted by
feedback from attendees.