[Dahut-pm] (no subject)

Chris Prather chris at prather.org
Fri Aug 8 09:21:31 PDT 2008

Sorry for those of you who get this twice, but I wanted to be sure it
got out to the people who would care.

The Powers that Be in the Perl Monger Support team suggest that we
look like a dead group. We havnen't had a post to the mailing list
since 2007 (well apparently I've posted but I've been alone), and our
wiki the day they went to look at it was covered in Spam (bad
spammers!). Their argument is "If you're not a group of people who
talk about Perl ... why are you a Perl Monger Group?" ... which I
tried to explain that we *were* a group of people who talk about
Perl ... just not regularly or often.

I asked if I could put the call out and have people mail him ... he
surprised me with:

[12:04]  <jhannah> uh... ya, please do. I'm jay at jays.net. Have them
tell me why Dahut is a Perl Monger group and why it needs a web site
and mailing list.  :)

So ...

If you think our group is worth keeping ... email Jay, or do
something public to show that Dahut.pm is still active. I literally
cannot do this alone

-Chris