[Dahut-pm] Joost Hiring Sysadmin

Robin Berjon robin at berjon.com
Thu Apr 19 04:29:18 PDT 2007

Dahut!!!!!

A few of you folks have asked about Joost jobs mostly in client-side
dev, and I'm still hunting those down (sorry it's taking time) but
meanwhile there's a push to hire some top-notch sysadmins. Perl isn't
listed in there but I wouldn't be shocked if it were used
nevertheless. It should be an interesting job anyway, the Joost
backend systems are big, complicated, provide all sort of services on
various kinds of networks, and are distributed in a growing number of
locations.

If you're interested, or you know anyone who is (and is really good),
please email Sander below and Cc me.

"""
Company: Joost
Job Title: Network/Systems Administrator
entrepreneurs who founded KaZaA and Skype. Joost is an early phase,
high paced started up with an excellent team consisting of people
from different hi-tech and media companies, such as Apache, Mozilla,
Yahoo!, IBM, MTV, MP3.com and Ubuntu Linux.

We are looking for bright, motivated and experienced Network and
Systems Administrators to join our team in Leiden (near Amsterdam) to
take charge of all our production systems world wide. We are looking
for network and systems administrators that have more then 5 years of
experience working on critical services with high availability.

Experience with at least some of the following is required: Solaris
10, Linux, Java, Python, C/C++, Media technologies (AVC/AAC), MySQL,
Postgres, BGP, OSPF, P2P Networking, Monitoring (Zenoss, Nagios,
Cacti, MRTG) , Security (SSL, FIPS-140, X509, CA), debugging,
horizontal scaling, performance tuning, network tuning.

Please contact me at sander.van.zoest at joost.com or
engineering at jobs.joost.com. We prefer resumes in HTML text or PDF
formats.
"""

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
"We need to create a hybrid country which has the best of all worlds!