[Dahut-pm] QNames and Loaded Magic

Kip Hampton khampton at totalcinema.com
Wed Apr 20 12:12:03 PDT 2005

At 10:12 AM -0700 4/20/05, Michael Nachbaur wrote:
>I've read the chat log and your code blow.

HEY! Keep your editorial comments about the quality of darobin's code
to yourself. Sheesh...
(silly Freudian thai poux)

>  I think this would totally rock for RDF munging work, especially
>given the darobin/ubu idea of lazily following resource URIs to get
>nested data.

Well, I think I'm going to keep the default to automatically follow
but I'll add support for callback examination. Seems like a nice
feature. Anyone have any requests/thoughts about how you'd like to
see that work?

>So, very neat.  I want! :-)  I think the ^ is an acceptable
>work-around for ":" being reserved.

Well, to clarify: in the current app I'm working on I have RDF-backed
Perl objects and I prefer methods over direct data manipulation.
Hence, I'd like $obj->foo:bar($value) rather than $hashref->{foo:bar}
= $value . (note: the latter works fine in the current RDF::Helper).

Its not my intention at this point to add $obj->foo:bar() (or
foo^bar) support to the Helper itself as it would entail a whole lot
of added strangeness to the code that doesn't really need to be there
for the majority of cases.

>If anyone needs help with this (ubu?) I'd be glad to pitch in.  I'm
>doing a lot of RDF work in both Perl and Mozilla/XPCOM these days,
>so this is very much on my mind.

Yup. RDF::Helper will be on its way to sourceforge and CPAN "soon". I
want to make sure the foundation is good and that it does everything
i need it to do, first.

Cheers,
-ubu