[Dahut-pm] Questions ...

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Tue May 18 10:50:42 CDT 2004

Chris,

thanks for jumping on this, I've been wondering for a while if we could
get away with it :) For some groups (eg london.pm) ORA restricts their
advantages to a specific geographic area so there's been speculation as
to whether they'd like us or not. We'll see :)

Chris wrote:
> Meeting Date: * (ie. "2nd Tuesday")
> 1st OSCON of every year. (???)

I'd say "international conferences and similar gatherings".
Unfortunately I'll miss OSCon again this year, but there'll be a small
dahut gathering (Antoine and I, and two worshippers of Jenny The
Goddess[0] from the SVG Chapter) at the Workshop on WebApps and Compound
Document Formats in San Jose two weeks from now. Just like YAPC::EU,
non-quorate gatherings count as well!

[0]http://shiny-donkey.com/shinyDonkey.svg

> Meeting Time: *

24/7

> Meeting Location: *

The Bar.

> Size of membership: *
> erm ... 15 I think ... plus some lurkers who didn't give Long/Lat when Darobin
> was offering free beer.

I'd say circa 20 members, plus less committed sympathisers.

> Average number of members that attend meetings: *
> we currently have had 100% attendance at all of our meetings to date.

Nah, I'd say it varies widely, but is roughly 10.

> Group Interests/Topics: * (Unix, Linux, Perl, Oracle, Mac, etc.)
> Perl, Alpine Mythological Beasts, XML, Non-Cabal-Activities, Left Handedness,
> Right Handedness, AxKit...

Should it be non-cabal or uncabal? I'd say "Alpine Mythological Beasts
and Cryptozoology in general".

SVG and Donkey-Goddess workshipping could reasonably make it to the
list, they're begging to spread farther ;)

> Do you have a group library? *

CPAN?

> If so, which ones?
> There are too many for me to list I think...

OSCon, YAPC::*, WWWCon, XML, XML Europe, SVG Open...

> Does your User Group publish book/software reviews? *     Yes No

I'd say yes, we kind of do it on IRC...

> Does your User Group produce any special events? *     Yes No

Yes.

> If so, what and when?

DahutCon, several times a year.

Go Little Hobbit!