[Dahut-pm] [ANNOUNCE] Acme::Tao 0.03

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Tue Mar 23 12:32:22 CST 2004

Kip Hampton wrote:
> Mmmm, except, what Uncle Lao said was, "The Tao that can be named is not
> the constant Tao." IOW, the Tao *is* constant, but the instant you start
> talking about the Tao, you cease to talk about it and begin to talk
> about your abstract conceptualization of it (which is not the real,
> constant Tao). Its an admonition against clinging to mental models of
> the Tao that can only ultimately distract us from living each moment
> with the childlike openness and curiousity that allows us to float
> downstream on the Tao's true nature (which is the only way to "know" the
> Tao to any real degree).

Funny how this is thoroughly reminiscent of Wittgenstein :) Maybe Geoff
would like to chime in and we can finally know how many dahuts can dance
on a ladder? ;)

What Old Unc' Lao points out above there is precisely what I dislike
most about the Book religions (not sure that's how they're called in
English, but you know the ones): clinging on to (mental models of)
distraction when in such spheres what ought to count is what Uncle
Ludwig referred to as "what can only be pointed at".

--
Robin Berjon