[Dahut-pm] [ANNOUNCE] Acme::Tao 0.03

Kip Hampton khampton at totalcinema.com
Tue Mar 23 11:34:04 CST 2004

James G Smith wrote:

> I am proud to announce a new version of Acme::Tao.
>
> While on a walk between shrines in Nikko, Japan, I had an epiphany:
> if the Tao is not constant, then neither should Acme::Tao be

Mmmm, except, what Uncle Lao said was, "The Tao that can be named is not
the constant Tao." IOW, the Tao *is* constant, but the instant you start
talking about the Tao, you cease to talk about it and begin to talk
about your abstract conceptualization of it (which is not the real,
constant Tao). Its an admonition against clinging to mental models of
the Tao that can only ultimately distract us from living each moment
with the childlike openness and curiousity that allows us to float
downstream on the Tao's true nature (which is the only way to "know" the
Tao to any real degree).

ubu-tse