[Dahut-pm] Request for references

James G Smith JGSmith at TAMU.Edu
Tue Aug 3 10:47:30 CDT 2004

I am in the process of putting together a proposal for a position.
As part of the process, I may need some references and I'm wondering
if any of you would be willing to serve as such.  I don't need
references regarding employment, but regarding my place in the open
source community and knowledge of open source.

If you would be willing, please contact me privately with your
contact information.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The position I am proposing would act as a facilitator, helping
faculty understand the creative commons that is the bedrock of OSS
and how to leverage OSS for their own projects.  This position would
also investigate building a low-cost, high-availability, and
low-maintenance platform for producing applications that are parts of
faculty projects.

Thanks.
--
James Smith <JGSmith at TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix