[Columbus-pm] Apress benefits for Columbus Perl Mongers

Jonathan Hogue jon at hogue.org
Mon Feb 22 15:19:10 PST 2010

Hi everybody. See some good benefits for our group through Apress. They are
also sending us some swag for the speaker's swag. And I requested 3 books
for review. Anyone want to do a book review? (Send me an e-mail.) You get a
free book, and a topic for your planet iron man challenge. (
http://ironman.enlightenedperl.org/)

"The Definitive Guide to Catalyst: Writing Extensible, Scalable and
Maintainable Perl-Based Web Applictions."
"Writing Perl Modules for CPAN"
"Pro Perl"

Your User Group can now take advantage of exclusive Apress membership
benefits:

1. Free review copies.
2. Apress Book Discounts - 35% or 40% off the regular price.
3. eBook discounts - 50% off the entire cart.
4. Free Apress books and promo items for User Group raffles and events.
5. Request Apress authors for speaking engagements.
6. Show your affiliation with Apress. Find Apress logos for your User
Group's website here: http://apress.com/community/logo

FREE REVIEW COPIES FOR YOUR MEMBERS:
We are happy to provide complimentary books in exchange for book reviews in
any or all of the following locations:
* A heavily trafficked blog, group website, or "geek" site
* Amazon or Barnes and Noble websites
* A print publication

To request book review copies, send an email to usergroup at apress.com

For tips and examples on writing a thoughtful review, please visit:
http://apress.com/community/writeareview

DISCOUNTS OFF APRESS BOOKS:
User Group members receive a 35% discount off all regularly priced Apress
books! Are you buying 10 or more books for an upcoming training, User Group
promotion, or event? We offer a 40% discount when groups buy 10 or more
regularly priced Apress books. To receive this discount, contact the Apress
Sales Department at sales at apress.com with the discount code UGAPRESS along
with the name of your User Group.

eBOOK DISCOUNT:
We are pleased to offer a 50% discount off the ENTIRE cart of eBooks
purchased on www.apress.com. To receive a special discount code for this
offer, simply send an email to usergroup at apress.com along with the name of
your User Group and the title, ISBN, and author of the eBook(s) you would
like to purchase.

Finally, please let us know (usergroup at apress.com) when your group hosts a
large event or party so we can help sponsor or participate, whether it.s
getting an author to speak or sending over some books, t-shirts, or other
fun Apress swag. Also we will add your event to our Events Calendar on
www.apress.com for further publicity. We look forward to hearing from you
soon!

Sincerely,
Apress User Group Program