[Columbus-pm] PM Site and mailing list was "which lib"

Shane Zatezalo shane at lottadot.com
Wed Apr 28 16:32:23 PDT 2010

I'd use google groups for discussion; it lets people use a web interface or their email, their choice. And it's free.
Then meetup.com for the meetings. It's free. We use meetup for our NSCoder meetings and it has worked out well. And it seems to be "viewable" so people are finding our meetings and new people are attending. You can also easily subscribe to the ical/ics files from meetup so you can get the meetings into your calendar app of your choice in a snap (and/or phone,too). For me, if I don't have something in my calendar, I'll never remember about it. And if it's a PITA to get on my calendar, well then forget about it.
I'd create a generic website for columbus-pm (personally, anymore, for such things, I like RapidWeaver, it's quickndirty, but it's OSX only) that contains minimal info and points to GG/meetup. Extra points to put it up on github so that we can contribute to it via a git push.

Shane