[Columbus-pm] Meetings

Jonathan Hogue jon at hogue.org
Wed Oct 28 07:39:40 PDT 2009

I am really interested in getting these going again, on a recurring basis.

Anyone else interested?

Things to get arranged:

Location:
Looking into DSW, but no wifi. Anyone have a better location?
Requirements, somewhat central location, wifi, big room with
projector/etc, free parking.

Wifi:
Anyone have access to one of those cellular access point devices? That
might work for a location that has everything except for wifi.

Dinner:
Some of the other successful groups in town provide pizza every
meeting, and those groups get like 30-60 people, and their leaders
have indicated they get much better attendance when they offer free
pizza. Maybe, we can look into a sponsor. Anyone know someone who
would want to sponsor pizza once per month.

Content:
We need some compelling content. Who is willing to speak?
Here are some topics of interest. It would be great to line up 4-5
meetings worth of content.
  Perl 6 - with examples
  Catalyst
  Moose
  What else?

Besides lecture style presentations, what else are we interested in?
Lightning talks (5 minutes) about a broad range of topics?