[Columbus-pm] April 1, 2008 notes

Jason jalex at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 19:39:39 PDT 2009

Below are some of the topics we discussed at a table at Panera Bread, North
High Street.

Hosting, dreamhost <http://www.dreamhost.com/> offers lifetime free
501(c)(3) hosting, linode.com <http://www.linode.com/> has great virtual
server hosting, and nearlyfreespeech.net is also a good option if you have
basic needs.

Content server management apps like SlashCode, Joomla, Drupal, but check out
Movable Type <http://www.movabletype.org>.

Mentioned Moose for Perl, Zed Shaw and his rant, ORMs for Perl, other
languages and employers for Perl geeks.

I mentioned some languages I am working with, such as Scala, Groovy/Grails,
Java and found a neat PLEAC for
Groovy<http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_groovy/index.html>
.

Also, IRC on freenode and irc.perl.org.   I added this as a comment to the
event on columbus.pm.org.

A presentation on Moose or Movable Type, or maybe some lightning talks lie
ahead.  Future meeting TBD.

-Jason