[Columbus-pm] openID

Jason jalex at pobox.com
Sun Feb 24 20:14:12 PST 2008

As I was updgrading http://columbus.pm.org/ (Drupal) to the latest
version, I noticed an option to allow openID.   I did not enable it,
but I did make some other minor changes.  Let me know if anything is
broken.

Who has an openID?  One of the problems with the site, is that it gets
a few user accounts each week from invalid users, (scripts?).   It is
occasionally a challenge to tell if a user is real or not just by
looking at the login name and email address.  I believe malicious
scripts may still be able to use openID, it may even make it easier
for them.  Hopefully, Drupal6 has some improvements on content
permissions.

Anyway, if you have any problems or anything related to the site, let me know.

--
Jason