[Columbus-pm] website changes, event tracking, questions, etc.

Jason jalex at pobox.com
Sun Mar 4 21:20:55 PST 2007

I apologize for the YAPC : Europe posting.  If anyone was interested
in it, I imagine they would already known about it.

This is a large posting, so bear with me.

If you had emailed me with willingness to host a columbus.pm meeting,
I have most likely not forgotten your offer and may be pinging you
soon to see if you may still be able to offer meeting space.
Otherwise, I will be keeping my eyes/ears open around Columbus and
checking out some spots for a meeting.  After many house repairs,
family changes, etc, I am throwing some time at this group and we'll
see where it goes.

http://columbus.pm.org/ has been updated to a simple Drupal page.  The
plugin(s) for tying it to the mailing list are not yet compatible with
the version that I had installed, but I would like the mailing list to
be tied to the website so that any postings to the website go to the
mailing list and vice versa.  I might have to change to another
collaboration app or something.  Any suggestions on this are welcome.

For events near Columbus, would any of you be interested in knowing
what is going on in the Akron, Cleveland, Dayton Perl Monger groups,
Perl Meetups or what not?  I don't mean that this would be posted to
the list.  Rather, I was thinking of just populating an event calendar
with events nearby on the website.

What  kind of events would you consider interesting to perl mongers
that should be updated on the event calendar for the website?
COLUG, other ohio pm groups, Meetup events,  anything?  I know there
are a lot of other kinds of useful interest groups in the area, so any
ideas are welcome.  I feel that putting events into this calendar
would be the least obtrusive way to make the information available
without filling mailboxes with information on a bunch of random
events.

Also, *New poll* that deals with job-related emails sent to me for the
purposes of forwarding on to the group.   I am not sure people really
enjoy getting that sent to the mailing list, or that I feel all that
happy about sending it.   However, I know that employment is crucial
to most of us and when in need, any little bit helps.  That's why I
want to get a feel on how you would like this information handled.
(I am guessing that a designated forum topic for it would be the most
popular choice.)

Thank you for your time.

-Jason A.