[Columbus-pm] Lead Perl Developer

shane shane at lottadot.com
Wed Jul 18 13:53:37 PDT 2007

Ok, thanks.

Well, I guess I'll just speak up. My reason for asking about the
salary was slightly two-fold. I've heard of two people who "know
their stuff" in Columbus being hired, starting in the 90's, this past
month, for Perl programming. Yours is the second job posting in a
week that I've been emailed about that wants someone who knows their
stuff, would only do Perl, is advertising in the 80's and is having
problems finding someone. These were guys who had a few years
experience, not 7,10 or 15 like some of may around here. But they are
good.

I'm not trying to diss on your parade by mentioning the above, nor
start a salary-flame-war (is there such a thing? probably if I google
it) but rather (bluntly) point out your range may be too low.  And
like HOGUEJ, I would rather see people sending job postings to the
Columbus-pm when they're local here (rather than make you wade
through the perljobs listserv which seems to rarely have Ohio jobs in
it).

Good luck,
  Shane