[columbus.pm] [Fwd: Perl User Group Job Board, Maypole]

Leonard Jaffe lenjaffe at mail.com
Tue May 11 17:38:02 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith,Devon" <smithde at oclc.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:07:09 -0400
To: "'columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org'" <columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org>,"Wilcox, Randy L." <rwilcox at kforce.com>
Subject: RE: [columbus.pm] [Fwd: Perl User Group Job Board, Maypole]

I agree with Devon. Having tried to run the OOperl vs Perl gauntlet in
2001 with VZW and not getting in the door.  That said, the OO perl docs
that come with perl, and the chapters in the llama book and the cookbook
are great resources for all this stuff.

First learn yourself about perl Modules, and how they differ form perl libraries.
The learn yourself the concepts of Object Oriented Programming.
Then take a module, and turn it into an object.  Now you have OOPerl.

It isn't really difficult, but most places that are hiring don't want to pay you
to learn what they need you to know, they want you to know it already.  So pick your
buzzwords, and become buzzword comlpliant.

Len.

--
Len Jaffe           LenJaffe at JaffeSystems.com
Leonard Jaffe Computer Systems Consulting Ltd

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list