[columbus.pm] Greetings all you Columbus Perl Mongers

Leonard Jaffe lenjaffe at mail.com
Sat Feb 7 21:16:23 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: chris <chris at theconceited.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:47:16 -0500
To: columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: Re: [columbus.pm] Greetings all you Columbus Perl Mongers

> On a somewhat related note:  any computer-related books you perl-mongers
> would recommend?  Not technical how-to's, bur rather stuff that might be
> called "informative entertainment."  To give an idea, my recent reading
> list is "The Cuckoo's Egg" by Clifford Stoll, "Just for Fun" by Linus
> Torvalds, "Cyberpunk," and "Rebel Code."
>
> I think "The Mythical Man-Month" will probably be next, its referenced so
> much in the other books.

Man month is good.
Skip Stoll's second book "Silicon Snake Oil"  Its opinion rather than narrative.

Look for:
Hacker Crackdown by Bruce Sterling.
Hackers by Stephen Levy
In the beginning...was the command line by Neil Gaimon

Len.
---

Len Jaffe              LenJaffe at JaffeSystems.com
Leonard A. Jaffe Computer Systems Consulting Ltd
Columbus, OH, USA                   614-404-4214
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list