[columbus.pm] Greetings all you Columbus Perl Mongers

Charles Day Charles.Day at s1te.com
Mon Feb 2 23:21:16 CST 2004

Welcome Chris!  I live in Columbus and can't even get to a meeting:)  Always end up
with tickets to something, or wife works that night or some crapola.   How did the
house work out guys?  I'll volunteer ours up for the next meeting if it went well.
We're wirelessed.  So Chris, what do you want to work on?   Share with us your
sororities and we'll share our, umm what do we have again?

> Greetings everyone,
>
> My name is Chris, I'm a new subscriber to the list, and a computer science
> student up here at Youngstown State University.  Theres a disappointing
> lack of Linux, Perl, and similar groups here on campus, despite a
> widespread acceptance of these technologies within the computer science
> dept.  I've had some dealings with the Ohio Supercomputer Center(they
> brought us a cluster last fall), which has led me to realize that there is
> in fact a LOT going on with computer science down in Columbus....which led
> me to your group :)
>
> I've read on your site that you are working on some projects as a group?  I
> consider myself to be a beginner when it comes to Perl, however I would
> very much be interested in contributing in some small way if
> possible.  Something  to help me "get my feet wet" in Perl, since we're
> only using it in a limited way in my clases.  Basically, I'd like to be as
> active as I can within your PM group as I can without physically being in
> Columbus, as we have no such group up here in NE Ohio.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you offer, I look forward to working with
> you all!

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list