[columbus.pm] Greetings all you Columbus Perl Mongers

chris chris at theconceited.com
Sun Feb 1 17:35:47 CST 2004

Greetings everyone,

My name is Chris, I'm a new subscriber to the list, and a computer science
student up here at Youngstown State University.  Theres a disappointing
lack of Linux, Perl, and similar groups here on campus, despite a
widespread acceptance of these technologies within the computer science
dept.  I've had some dealings with the Ohio Supercomputer Center(they
brought us a cluster last fall), which has led me to realize that there is
in fact a LOT going on with computer science down in Columbus....which led
me to your group :)

I've read on your site that you are working on some projects as a group?  I
consider myself to be a beginner when it comes to Perl, however I would
very much be interested in contributing in some small way if
possible.  Something  to help me "get my feet wet" in Perl, since we're
only using it in a limited way in my clases.  Basically, I'd like to be as
active as I can within your PM group as I can without physically being in
Columbus, as we have no such group up here in NE Ohio.

Thanks in advance for any help you offer, I look forward to working with
you all!

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list