[columbus.pm] Bio for April Speaker - April, 29

HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com
Fri Jan 31 08:25:29 CST 2003

Speaker bio: Steve Romig
Steve Romig in charge of the Ohio State University Incident Response Team,
which provides incident response assistance, training, consulting, and
security auditing service for The Ohio State University community. He is
also working with a group of people from Central Ohio businesses to improve
internet security response and practices in the Ohio area. Steve received
his Bachelor's degree in Math (Computer Science Track) from Carnegie Mellon
University in 1983. In years past Steve has worked as lead UNIX system
administrator at one site with 40,000 users and 12 hosts and another site
with 3,000 users and over 500 hosts. You can reach him by phone at
1-614-688-3412 (we're in GMT-0400/0500, I'm generally in the office "for
sure" between 10 AM and 6 PM) or by email at romig at net.ohio-state.edu.
Most recently Steve has been working on tools to make it easier to
investigate network related evidence of computer security incidents, such
as the Review package for viewing the contents of tcpdump logs, and the
Netflow package from Mark Fullmer for looking at Cisco net flow logs.

Past Talks Here
http://www.net.ohio-state.edu/security/talks.shtml

Steve's Bio Here
http://www.net.ohio-state.edu/security/bios/steve-romig.shtml

Steve's Resume Here
http://home.columbus.rr.com/sromig/resume-steve.html

                            MOTD for Fri Jan 31 09:17:21 2003

               "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

                                      - Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

               brought to you by a heard of scripting camels

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list