[columbus.pm] Website logo

HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com
Mon Jan 6 12:44:29 CST 2003

Even though a lot of family farmers are moving away from Cows to more
profitable ventures, even within the Columbus borders, you can still see
cow.

I think there's still a farm south of all the stores on Sawmill road.
Driving around on the OSU campus, you can see them there too, as Ohio State
is still one of the biggest Ag Colleges in the world. There's probably
other places too. County fairs and 4-h are very prominent as well, with the
grand championships being held at the Fair Grounds that are East of Campus.
Also, there are at least annual cow shows at the fairgrounds that I know
of... There's probably more. OSU has a pretty active Dairy Club as well.
And the rodeo is coming to Nationwide Arena on Saturday.

There's still a lot of cows around. Sorry about all the cow facts. My wife
grew up on a dairy farm, and I am still regularly forced to shed my city
clothes for dung squishers and overalls.

===============================
Lotus Notes is great!

                          bbking at checkfree.com
                          Sent by:                 To:   columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
                          owner-columbus-pm-list@  cc:
                          pm.org
                                                   bcc:
                                                   Subject:                                          Re: [columbus.pm] Website logo

                          01/06/2003 01:31 PM
                          Please respond to
                          columbus-pm-list

Leonard Jaffe said...
> I still think our logo should have a cow motif.

Why?

      I've only lived here about 7 years, but the only time I've heard
mention of cows is when some local TV news channel has a story about how
"Maybe [event X] or [opening of store Y] will finally help Columbus shake
it's cow-town image."

Driving around, I've seen way more sheep than cows around here, and not
many of those, even.

Have I been missing a big dairy farm or slaughterhouse somewhere?

(I'm only curious. I don't have a strong opinion about the logo...)

-- Brian.

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list