[columbus.pm] hello (and some info)

Jason Alexander jalex at pobox.com
Mon Dec 16 22:04:58 CST 2002

Hello,

   Although I am the main contact for columbus.pm, do not think that I
have ownership or such over the group.  I would be more than happy to
see things pick up again and certainly have no objections to anyone
scheduling meetings or discussing speakers.  The group should be run by
the members.  I do enjoy being the main contact for the group, managing
the mailing list and acting as a middle man to receive mail from the
outside world now and then.

   I am flexible and here to learn perl better and meet others who like
perl, (and to help foster the interests of the perl community in
columbus).  I am not as big of a perl nut as I was in 1999, but I know a
little perl and hope that I can make myself available.

   At the moment, if a meeting is set the web pages will be updated to
reflect that, as you can see at http://columbus.pm.org/meet.html . The
website is rather boring and limited at the moment, but a list member
has offered to help me improve the site.  Feel free to make suggestions
to me or the list.

   As far as speakers, many will come for free or a small fee, (such as
free dinner or beer).  MJD, Randal Schwartz, and a couple others have
offered in the past but the meetings disappeared.  MJD is certainly one
of the brightest and entertaining speakers.  I think it's awesome that
you have made contact with them - if you have trouble reaching anyone,
let me know.

  You can frequently find me on irc.infobot.org on #perl, which I
recommend to anyone who reads the FAQ and enjoys talking about perl.
Many of the authors and key people in the perl community have been by to
chat, believe it or not.  My nickname should be easy to guess.

  Ciao.

--
Jason Alexander ~~ http://www.jalex.net/ ~~ jalex 'at' pobox.com