Perl In Columbus was [columbus.pm] new to area

HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com
Thu Dec 12 14:26:24 CST 2002

As far as I understand, the location talk was for an informal gathering to
just meet each other and talk in general about what kinds of things we want
to do with Perl Mongers in Columbus over say, the next year. My
understanding is that we would do a formal meeting with white-board and
projector later in January, in a more formal environment.

For example, in the pre-meeting we might talk about, do we want to organize
a monthly meeting, where can we have it, who can we have as guest speakers
etc. The discussion would be mostly about how do we rejuvinate Perl Mongers
in Columbus over the next year. This one should be in a casual environment,
and you should come if you want to talk about organizing regular meetings.
A cofee house would be great place for this.

In the later in January meeting, we would have guest speakers, possibly
food, white-boards, projectors, perl discussions and other perl related
things. This discussion would be mostly about perl, and current perl
topics.  This one should be in a more formal environment, and you should
come if you want to talk about perl. Nationwide or some other work place
would be a great place for this.

===============================
Lotus Notes is great!

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |               "Ron G"                |
|         |               <ronnie at catlover.com>  |
|         |                                      |
|         |               Sent by:               |
|         |               owner-columbus-pm-list@|
|         |               pm.org                 |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |               12/12/2002 02:49 PM    |
|         |               Please respond to      |
|         |               columbus-pm-list       |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                    |
  | T                                                                                                                  |
  | To:   columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org                                                                         |
  | cc:                                                                                                                |
  |                                                                                                                    |
  | bcc:                                                                                                               |
  | Subject:                                          RE: Perl In Columbus was [columbus.pm] new to area               |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> I would think some place close to campus would be better considering your
> demographic cartography of Perl Peeps in the area. Or north campus. There
is
> a coffee shop on high just south of morse called scottie mcbeans and I
think
> they have a public meeting facility of some kind. Not sure of its
> availability.

Having been to Scottie McBeans, I don't think its the best place for a
meeting unless we want to sit on couches and draw pictures using hand
motions. I liked the meeting at March 1st ( they gave us free pizza!!! ).
It was half way between campus and downtown.

My vote is for room with at least a whiteboard or projector and free
parking ( non-students might have a hard time parking at OSU ). Nationwide
would be nice.

In addition to just meeting, I'd be interested in working on a project that
we could give back to the community. I'm good with Perl syntax wise but I
haven't had a medium or large sized project to apply it to. One of these
days I want to write a photos.yahoo.com replacement without the Yahoo
propaganda. Yes there are open source photo albums out there but I've
always liked Yahoo's interface.

- Ron
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list