[columbus.pm] work stinks, more meetings, web stuff - formerl y 'ping'

Charles Day chaday at symix.com
Thu Nov 9 07:14:15 CST 2000

I build pages using a header file, navigation file, actual html pages, & the
footer file, so the html might look like this:

<!--header--->
<!--nav-->

<h1>boring header</h1>
bla bla bla

<!--footer-->

Making changes to thousands of pages takes seconds, and the boring content
remains the same.

I'm using mod_perl to parse the tags so the link you're on is highlighted.
If this wasn't important, I'd just use SSI for all.  For example:

<!--#include virtual=/header-->
<!--#include virtual=/nav-->

<h1>boring header</h1>
bla bla bla

<!--#include virtual=/footer-->

Even the marketing idiots can edit their own webpages:)

Here's the NavBar.pm that I got from the Eagle book and customized;

http://www.s1te.com/webtools/mod_perl/

This website is also a working demo.

Never messed with XML yet.  Like to keep it on a need to mess basis:)

Charles