[columbus.pm] meeting summary

Jason Alexander alexande at cob.ohio-state.edu
Fri May 5 16:43:19 CDT 2000

I apologize if I forget names of people who attended.  My brain is a
volatile piece of carbon-based, rotting cheese.

-------<SUMMARY>----------
topics:
	(we had pizza and soda thanks to Chad Lavy and
'MarchFirst'->http://www.marchfirst.com/home.html)

	*POE and some of the things it can do, like event handling (like
http://www.inter-mezzo.com/ - a distrubted file system that works as a
more reliable alternative to mirroring or something)

	*'map' and what it returns ( i.e.  @arrray = map { unless length}

	*qw,qr,qx,q functions and their differences.

	*http://post369.columbus.oh.us/ - boy scout venture group for men/women
ages 15-21 to learn more about UNIX/perl and have fun..(you will notice
they have gone camping and other things on their photo page)

	*Tom Christiansen and Richard Simmons: resemblance?

	*perl for win32, and the ease of keeping windows fresh with a new
reboot once or twice a day

	*stuff

Some topics I would be interested in learning/hearing about are:

	*anything Colin presents

	*MacPerl (anyone have a powerbook?)

	*what can perl do for the Artificial Intelligence community

	*more POE stuff (maybe, how to handle parallel processing of data?)
To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org