[columbus.pm] today's meeting

Colin Walters levanti at verbum.org
Thu Mar 9 20:59:34 CST 2000

Well, it was a successful meeting.  I'm glad we actually managed to
meet!  We have tentatively scheduled to meet at the Fisher College of
Business, the first thursday of April.  ... M-x calendar ...  That's
April 6.  Parking has yet to be completely worked out.

Mike and I both handed out code.

You can get Mike's web script at
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~benedict/sign-up.html

You can get my GTK application with fun embedded perl interpreter at:

http://web.verbum.org/levanti/code/

I have a Debian GNU/Linux system; you might have to hack the includes
and whatnot in order to get it to compile on your machine.

Some fun things to try entering in the entry box:

5 + 10;
"yay " . "whee " . "fun"
$mytitle = "whee!";
set_title($mytitle);

$windows[0];
new_windows("fun title")
$windows[0]
@mywindows = split / /,"foo bar baz";
new_windows(@mywindows);
$windows[0]
$windows[1]
$windows[2]

   ( note how @windows dynamically changes as you add windows )

set_title("2 ** 10 = " . 2 ** 10);

foreach my $window (qw(yay whee fun)) { new_windows($window); }

Please note that there is currently no way to free the memory
allocated by creating new windows except by exiting.  :)

--
Colin Walters <levanti at verbum.org>
http://web.verbum.org/levanti
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org