[columbus.pm] Meeting next thursday

J Alex jalex+ at osu.edu
Wed Mar 1 23:51:26 CST 2000

Ah, I am kissing the hopes of a meeting place with a projector and stuff
goodbye for now.  How about next thursday at a coffee shop.  We met at
Caribou Cafe in granville the first time last year, I believe.  Also, I
am seriously considering picking up a motorcycle.  Anyone with a bike
want to have me tag along and learn from ya?  I will probably take the
written test on Friday and pick up the bike when my tax return gets
here. =)

I would love to have someone take over the web page editing also.  I
guess I was denying how busy I really am.  Look at me...it's almost 1am
and I work at 8am....pitiful.  Anyway, come(or have come) to a couple
meetings and express interest in doing the web site and it's yours to
play with all you want.

And does anyone want a Dual P3/450 scsi box?  Here's my failed ebay
posting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=268467431

I would take 1200$ for it...it's like 6 to 7 months old and has some
pretty nice hardware.  This will make it even easier for me to afford a
bike.  It's a hardcore box for linux/freebsd.  My employer is letting me
bring home a pii box, so I don't mind giving up this one.  I don't mean
to use this list as classifieds, but if you throw it at the end of a
valid posting,it shouldn't kill ya.

Also, can someone please complain about this group if you are unhappy
with it?  I mean really, give me some feedback...like "man, are you
losers ever going to meet?" or "you need some ... to liven up the
place".  I know you are all experts in perl, so I won't try to start a
discussion about things again...last time I got "read the docs".  haha.

One of the biggest needs in the perl community, from my point of view,
is some good documentation and tutorials.  So many of the non-oreilly
books are crap, and outside of the awesome perldoc stuff, there isn't a
ton of literature.  Especially on perl/GTK.  Sure, you can program in it
reasonably easy, but I haven't met many people who actually understand
what the heck is going on when they use it.  Maybe we could have a
documentation project for some application of perl.  We wouldn't need a
projector and you could be half-drunk and still do better than "Learn
<X> in 21 days" kind of stuff.

Input...input...

--
Unix System Administrator
Fisher College of Business
<email> jalex+ at osu.edu
To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org