[columbus.pm] locations

Seth sethh at ureach.com
Mon Feb 28 02:22:09 CST 2000

The full name is State of Ohio Computer Center.  I don't know if
it's known as the supercomputer center to some people or not,
but everyone that works there calls it the SOCC(like sock).  I'm
pretty sure that there aren't any supercomputers there anyway,
mainframes, 11 data storage silos, and tons of desktops, but I
don't think any supercomputers(if you're considering a
traditional supercomputer, ie. cray).  It's on Arthur E.
Anderson Drive, near the corner of North Star Road and Lane
Avenue.  I hope that's maybe clears it up a little.

-Seth

Get your own "800" number - Free
Free voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Jason L Alexander (jalex+ at osu.edu)
wrote:

> What is SOCC(State Computer Center)?  This isn't the Ohio
Supercomputer
> Center, right?  Where is SOCC at?
> --Jason
>
> At 12:16 AM 2/27/00 -0500, Seth wrote:
>
> >Actually, the SOCC just had a new parking lot addition
finished
> >a few months ago and should have enough parking.  I've only
been
> >there a few times since they finished it, but if I'm thinking
> >right, they should have some parking spaces out in the back
of
> >the parking lot at least.  Only times that wouldn't be
available