[columbus.pm] locations

Jason L Alexander jalex+ at osu.edu
Sat Feb 26 21:33:17 CST 2000

I somehow was removed from the mailing list a couple months ago, so for a
while, I thought the list was dead, and here I just wasn't on it.  The
suggestion may have been posted during that time.

I would be glad for any help in finding a suitable location.  I did get a
response from the Ohio Supercomputer Center, but the parking is OSU parking.

I also emailed someone in the fiscal office where I work to see if I can
get a few visitor parking passes for the "visitor" zone in front of the
College of Business complex.  They do give them out, but I wouldn't know
how generous they are with it.  I am not counting on it.

--Jason

At 12:14 AM 2/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Seth wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm new to this list, but I saw that you guys were having a
> > hard time trying to find a decent place to hold your meeting and
> > I saw that someone had suggested some time ago about getting
> > into the SOCC(state computer center).  I'm really interested in
> > going to the meeting and I might be able to help you find a
> > place for it.  I just wondered if anyone had followed up on the
> > SOCC suggestion?  I worked there last summer as an intern and
> > got to know some people that might be able to help.  It might be
> > a good idea, free parking, nice rooms, cool computers.
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure what their policies are on letting people
> > just come in to have meeting non-related to government
> > activity.  Anyhow, just a thought.  Write back if you think it's
> > worth me looking into.
> >
> > -Seth Hall
>
>If it is possible, they have a room, a VGA projection unit, and parking,
>then I think it is _definetly_ worth looking into.   As far as I know,
>noone had followed up on that yet.  Jason is really the man, so you will
>have to hear from him before we are sure we will take it were you to get
>it, but I seriously doubt he would have any problems.
>     peace,
>         Mike

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org