[columbus.pm] meeting locations

Jason Alexander jalex+ at osu.edu
Thu Feb 10 15:34:49 CST 2000

I have been calling a couple places asking about accommodations for a
meeting place.  If some of you send me feedback and ideas that would be
great.  Right now, I have been searching for a place that is completely
free and set up with a computer display projector.  Getting a laptop to use
is not a huge deal.  I have a sparcbook if worst comes to worst.  \

My hands are tied as far as being able to find a room at my employer
because I work for OSU.  OSU will charge you for parking ANYWHERE at
anytime, except on west campus where I cannot get a room yet as far as I
know.  That means I have to ask companies and places I am not affiliated
with about accommodations they are unwilling to give to some stranger.  The
Columbus met libraries have such equipment, but they do not provide them
for public use.  We could rent one for each meeting, but then we get into
issues of creating a budget.  I like the idea of "completely" free.   Maybe
if everyone had a laptop, we could bring a couple hubs and rig something up.

To my knowledge, no one else has been able to provide a meeting place at
their location.  I do have a couple hubs, a sparc laptop, and some cat5
cable.  While I am still searching, if people could send their input to the
list, as to whether we really need a projector, what other setups would be
good, or if they have any other ideas.  I am frustrated at this point.

The good news is, on 2/21 I take the role as Sysadmin at the College of
Business.  It may be possible to get one of the amazingly nice classrooms
for use if I talk to the right people.  However, the free parking is still
on west campus, and their are meters outside.  Getting visitor passes for
parking in the visitor lane outside...now THAT would take some serious begging.

--Jason

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org