[Cologne-pm] YAPC::Europe::2003

Damon Davison davison at uni-koeln.de
Mon Apr 28 15:56:10 CDT 2003

Thus spake D at vid lacravate on Monday 28 April 2003 19:58:
> Hallo Damon ,
>
> En ce jour du Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:35:59 +0200,
>
> Damon Davison <davison at uni-koeln.de> parlait ainsi :
> > Eum... même trois fois.  Chouette !
>
> Ja ... Ja ... Entschuldigung ... ;-)

No need to excuse yourself.  It could happen to anyone...  this
is what we call "hazing" the new guy on the list.  I do this to
compensate for the fact that I am a lousy programmer.

> > Eigentlich wollte ich schon mal fragen, ob sich sonst jemand
> > 'für interessiert.  Ich bin noch am schwanken, weil ich: 1)
> > kein Geld habe (auch nicht die 100 EU-Mäuser).
> > 2) wirklich pleite bin.
> > 3) nicht wirklich weiß, ob mir die Konferenz etwas bringt.
>
> I kann nicht sagen dass ich alle verstanden habt und ich kan
> nicht ein gut Antworte in deutsch machen aber zu 3 :
> Viele kann die Konferenz dir bringt . Perl Schauen , Perl
> Sagen , und mit alle Europa sprechen konnen als du nicht
> kannst wo du wonnst .

I think I understand---and your point is well-taken: the people
on this list are boring, anyway. ;^) *  I was, however, hoping
that one or two of them who is most familiar with my programming
skills might chime in.

> > PS: I didn't know we had a Czar.  We're an
> > anarcho-syndicalist commune...
>
> Just the way it's called .. just a word , just a word , Damon
> ... ;-)

"Just" a word?  Look who you're talking to, here:
http://allolex.freeshell.org/
;^)
I get paid to be pedantic about words.

> Oh , by the way , i hope you appreciated the effort i made by
> awakening my old rusted german and let me apologise for the
> pain its grammar , syntax and all must have inflicted toy your
> good sense ...

I really appreciated it and your German is a lot better that some
people who have been living here for years.  Really.  Take that
Maltese** on the list, for example...

Toodle-oo,

Damon

* I clearly have decided to not just provoke Gustav here.

** Foreshadowed provocation.

--

Damon Allen Davison
davison at uni-koeln.de

"Les chaînes du marriage sont si lourdes qu'il faut être deux
pour les porter---quelquefois trois." - A. Dumas, fils