[Classiccity-pm] my active perl project

Stephen Howard stephen at enterity.com
Fri Apr 10 14:02:56 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I wanted to tell you all a bit about the (commercial) project I've been
using Perl for lately.  I don't want to come across as spammy, and hoped
you might be interested.

I am developing, in Perl, a hosted content management system, a
derivative of work I have been doing for the last 8 years.  Content
management isn't exactly a cutting edge area of our profession, but I am
hoping to add some more interesting features such as a REST api and some
hooks for semantic-web friendliness.

http://myrenao.com

The design subsystem for the cms is pretty open-ended, and I have
decided to use the Template Toolkit for the template system.  I've
stubbed off some of the system-level access stuff (DBI, file access,
etc), but the rest of it is there and available to site owners, and more
significantly, site developers.

I don't know where your programming lives lead you these days, but if
any of you wanted to talk about what's going on in site building, ask
why I think what I'm doing is unusual, or would like to give Renao a
try, please do.

thanks,

Stephen Howard
owner, lead developer - Enterity