[Classiccity-pm] #perl humor.

Mark Hazen markh at markh.com
Thu Sep 9 13:58:43 CDT 2004

Sometimes, the people ion #perl get a little tired of getting programming
questions (there's #perl-help intended for that). I just saw an instance of
this, which was, to say the least, rather funny, and I've saved it for all
of you.

http://perl.markh.com/switched.html

Ouch.

At the bottom of the conversation, is a link to an article on a similar
programming issue which is, unfortunately, funny. Sample comment about the
pasted switch statement code:

"I especially love the 'default' part - just in case FOR should increment i
beyond its bounds."

Oy. :)

Schadenfreude, get yer hot, fresh schadenfreude!

-mh.
----
   . _+m"m+_"+_    Mark Hazen
 d' Jp     qh qh
Jp  O       O  O
Yb  Yb     dY dY
 O   "Y5m2Y"  "  even the mightiest wave starts out as a ripple.
  "Y_            why make waves when it's easier to nurture ripples?