[Classiccity-pm] meeting?

Darrell Golliher darrell at golliher.net
Wed Jun 9 10:41:04 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:18:37AM -0400, Shawn Boyette wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:34:37AM -0400, Charles H. Leggett wrote:
>
> > Anyone else here use meetup.com?  Could we plan one through there?
>
> There's already this mailing list and a website (which is editable by
> anyone); is yet another stream of communication needed to figure out
> when meetings will be?

    I'd say no, but if meetup.com helps new people find us, then I
    don't see any harm advertising that way.   The only thing that
    gives me pause is scheduling *our* meetings to coincide with the
    meetup.com schedule.  If I read things right, the perl meetup
    happens on the same day all over the world.  Thursday works for me
    though so I'm game. :)

    Anybody other that Leslie have a conflict on Thursday the 17th?

    Where do you want to meet?

      I like these places, but am open to other suggetions:

         * Hot Corner Coffee
	 * The Manhattan
	 * Go Bar
	 * Blue Sky
	 * CUPS Coffee (It's not downtown, but I do like it. :)

-Darrell