[PerlChina] should we change our mailing list?

Fayland Lam fayland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:13:11 PST 2008

夏清然 Xia Qingran wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:08 PM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com
> <mailto:agentzh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Fayland Lam <fayland at gmail.com
>     <mailto:fayland at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > It seems like many people can't reach this mailing list. so I'm
>     thinking we can go Google Group instead.
>     >

>     Personally I am fine with such migrations :)
>
>     -agentzh
>

> I think if we have enough technical background, we should build our
> mailing list by ourselves.
>
> Whether Google's service is stable is a problem especially in China.

basically google groups web has issues.
but the email system is grat (even there is some delay)

well, it's not very hard to setup a python based mailman. but for Perl,
there isn't too much choice.
build from the beginning is a good choice but it requires a lot of work.

Thanks.

Fayland Lam // http://www.fayland.org/
Foorum based on Catalyst // http://www.foorumbbs.com/