[PerlChina] Fw: SQL/Unix/Perl Developer - (FULL TIME - GREEN CARD/US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED) New York City

tiger peng tigerpeng2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 20:57:07 PST 2007

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "peter.kerner at algomod.com" <peter.kerner at algomod.com>
To: tigerpeng2001 at yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:35:35 AM
Subject: SQL/Unix/Perl Developer - (FULL TIME - GREEN CARD/US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED) New York City

11/27/2007

      My name is Peter and I'm an IT recruiter at Algomod Technologies Corporation. Our records show that you are an experienced IT professional with experience in SQL/UNIX/Perl Developer. This experience is relevant to one of my current openings.

 The opening requires THAT YOU SPEAK MANDARIN, in addition to the above skills. It is located in New York, NY. Software developer to add to its Metrics Development team.  A Metrics Developer building, maintaining, and operates reliable web event tracking systems in a mixed OS enviornment but UNIX-centric development environment .

The ideal candidate will be familiar with web based technologies and understand the business ramifications of accurate, reliable, and timely accounting of web event performance and statistics. This position calls for a motivated and meticulous team player that believes both in Agile Software Development and leveraging Open Source Solutions.

Responsibilities:
- Ensure for the continued accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the client reporting systems
- Work with other team members to define and implement needed new business metrics
- Continue to proactively improve and enhance the reporting systems
- Support the end-users of the reporting systems
- Directly facilitate communication with and support remote teams that consume the web metrics

Requirements:
- Familiar with most of the following technologies: Web Serving, Apache, HTML, Cookies, XML
- UNIX user skills
- Fluent in Mandarin and proficient in English
- Able to read and write either Perl, C/C++, or Java AND the ability to quickly pick up scripting in the other two
- Knowledge of SQL Queries and relational database concepts in either Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- Familiar with or demonstrated ability to learn how to interface with Financial/Accounting packages.
- Strong communication and teaming skills in multiple mediums (email, aim, face-to-face)
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Able to calmly handle production issues .

 If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (212) 306-0100, even if we have spoken recently about a different position. You may also send me an e-mail. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you.  In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.  Thank you.

      Sincerely yours,
      Peter Kerner
      Algomod Technologies Corp.

Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Algomod. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.

If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.

Thanks again.

Peter
Algomod Technologies Corporation
116 John Street
New York, NY 10038
Phone: (212) 306-0100 or (877) 711-8700
Fax  : (212) 306-0191

For more job opportunities: www.algomod.com

If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.

Lookup Candidate