[PerlChina] China-pm Digest, Vol 10, Issue 9

Qiang ( James ) Li shijialee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:53:14 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "xiyu lu" <phoeneer at gmail.com>
To: <china-pm at pm.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [PerlChina] China-pm Digest, Vol 10, Issue 9

> HI, all
>        could I only substitute one part of  pattern in
> s/pattern/replacement/  ?
> just like I want to use "RRWWXXWW" as pattern to change the X bit of
string
> "00110000" to "0011xx00",
>  thanks

not sure what RRWWXXWW has to do with your example. but your example is a
special case and you would have to treat it one by one. or, hopefully you
could find out the common pattern in your string then do the substitution.
maybe you can give a few examples so we can really help. oh, use Chinese if
you can.

btw, please don't quote the whole email while you reply. some of the content
is useless and takes lots of space.

Qiang