[PerlChina] (no subject)

fayland fayland at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:35:29 PDT 2005

> CPAN has lots Geo module。 http://search.cpan.org/search?query=geo&mode=all
>
> I have few things wish can be implemented, especially the first 2.

Thus it's US, not China. I cann't find one except what I should pay for it.

> * tag name insensitive. i.e Perl and perl should be tagged the same.

it's easy, I can hack it. :)

> * have the tags shown in sorted order (username / location at least)

it will be more than x,000 in future. so the display is random, just part of the username/location/tags.
of course We can show the member in A-Z and location separated by province. We'll do it together.

> * oh, i wish the fourm and member.perlchina can share the same id. :)

I'm writing the WWW::PerlChina::Client::MemberSite, but the half of the work belongs to sunluck. it's his BBS.
Yet the module is not finished yet. but the auth part is done.
it's better use session for persistence while the BBS is using cookie. So I think it's not such easy. :)