[Chicago-talk] What's happening with Perl these days

Mike Fragassi mikefrag at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:26:09 PDT 2024

I think Perl has advantages in system script "whipitupitude" because things
like file operations, file tests, regexs, and backticks are all built-in
functions & operators, that do not require importing from libraries as in
Python (os, sys, re, subprocess). That said - once those libraries are
learned, it's not *that* different, or difficult.