[Chicago-talk] Jobs page on chicago.pm.org

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Nov 13 03:57:12 PST 2014

Hi Doug,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 01:53:34 -0600
Doug Bell <madcityzen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Every so often, someone asks me if I know anybody looking for Perl
> programmers, or if I know any Perl programmers looking for work. We've had
> employers, recruiters, and job-seekers visit the meetings. The other day, I
> had someone ask me something new: Did the Chicago Perl Mongers have any
> policy about posting job openings?
>
> I don't know if we've had any policy, but I personally don't like unsolicited
> e-mails, so instead, like Joel's been asking, we've got a jobs page up on our
> website at http://chicago.pm.org/jobs <http://chicago.pm.org/jobs>

I can access this link fine.

> Right now, I'm just planning on hand-curating the entries. Just send me or
> Joel (he volunteered, honest) an e-mail and we'll put a post on the site. For
> now, unless and until I get complaints, I'll notify the list of any additions
> to that page.
>
> So here's the first: An opening for a Senior Perl Developer:
> http://chicago.pm.org/jobs/2014-11-12-senior-perl-developer.html
> <http://chicago.pm.org/jobs/2014-11-12-senior-perl-developer.html>

This link:

http://chicago.pm.org/jobs/2014-11-12-senior-perl-developer.html

gives me a 404:

«««
404

There isn't a GitHub Page here.

Are you trying to publish one? It may take up to ten minutes until your page is
available.

Read the full documentation to learn how to set up GitHub Pages
for your repository, organization, or user account.
Contact Support — GitHub Status — @githubstatus

I'm using firefox-31.2.0-4.mga5 on Mageia Linux 5/Cauldron, but I don't think
it should matter.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish