[Chicago-talk] Trying to trace down a entry point error.

Jim Jacobus JJacobus at PonyX.com
Wed Jan 2 10:27:10 PST 2013

I'm getting the following pop-up:

"The procedure entry point Perl_hv_common could not be located in the
dynamic link library perl58.dll"

when running perl from the command line on Window 7. I have Perl
5.8.8 (MSWin32-X86-multi-thread). This started after I installed
several modules using PPM a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able
to backtrack since the modules I installed had a lot of
dependances.  I can't figure out where this is coming from. Is there
anyway to trace this, or should I just do a complete re-install?