[Chicago-talk] Calculating Holidays

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Thu Jul 12 10:52:01 PDT 2012

On 7/12/2012 12:34 PM, Richard Reina wrote:
> use DateTime::Event::Holiday::US;
>
> my $thanksgiving = DateTime::Event::Holiday::US::holiday( 'Thanksgiving' );
>

> gives me a hash reference which when I try to dereference with:

The documentation says "$thanksgiving will be a DateTime::Set::ICal
object that you can perform anything you would do with a DateTime::Set
object." so you need to review that documentation:

http://search.cpan.org/~fglock/DateTime-Set-0.31/lib/DateTime/Set.pm

I was going to berate you for not reading the documentation but I find
this confusing as well.  It's possible that you want to add:

print "Next thanksgiving is ", $thanksgiving->min, "\n";

-Alan

--
Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology

+312.567.5933 (Campus)
+815.588.3846 (Home Office)
+312.567.3493 (Fax)

http://www.iit.edu/~mead
http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat